My “Secret Stash” of Insanely Powerful Backlinks
The following is a guest post by one of Anticareer’s readers:
In today’s SEO world of XRumer blasts and ScrapeBox blog comment tidal waves, getting thousands of backlinks to your site has never been easier. But as Google’s ferocious Panda and Penguin updates taught many site owners, heaping piles of low-quality backlinks can do more harm than good.
Quality>Quantity=The New Rule of SEO
To get (and stay) above the fold in 2012 and beyond, you need quality backlinks.
What are quality links, exactly?
In general, quality links have the following things going for them:
- On high-PR sites and/or pages
- On related sites
- From aged, trusted authority domains
Unfortunately, links like these are harder to find than a Chicago Cubs World Series trophy.
That’s why any source of quality links that come at little expense or effort should be considered solid gold. Here are two little-known sources of easy-to-acquire quality backlinks.
If you have a product or service, you need to be using Tomoson. Because it makes getting boatloads of contextual, quality backlinks so easy to get Tomoson.com may be the most underutilized source of backlinks on the planet.
In a nutshell, Tomoson is a place for bloggers to review your product or service in exchange for a backlink. But unlike similar sites, such as SponsoredReviews.com, Tomoson is 100% free. And if you sell a digital product like an ebook, you can literally get dozens of backlinks mere hours after posting a free listing.
Here’s how to start getting backlinks from Tomoson:
- Sign up for a free account and post your first promotion (Power tip: try to give something away that’s actually valuable, such as an information product that you usually sell for $67. This tends to attract better bloggers to your promotion).
- Before posting, make sure that you set the criteria for potential reviewers, including what URL to link to and which anchor text to use. Tomoson even allows you to filter out applicants based on Facebook fans and Alexa rank so you get the cream of the crop to review your product.
- Within hours you’ll get applications from bloggers. Send your product to whoever you think would provide you with a nice backlink.
- Sit back and let the links roll in! Tomoson has a tracking system that allows you to check whether or not the blogger left you a review.
SBI! (Site Build It!) is an internet marketing product that helps newbies set up a profitable content site. Because all SBI! sites use the same CMS software they have footprints that allow you to find them with ease.
What makes SBI! sites a deadly source of backlinks is the fact that they often have a field for readers to submit tips, strategies and experiences directly to the site. All you need to do is read what that particular site is looking for, write a few hundred words about it, and submit your link within the field.
Here are the search strings you want to use to find SBI! sites that accept user-content:
– “niche” “enjoy this page” “write your own page”
– “niche” “click here to see the rest of the form and complete your submission”
– “niche” “submit your contribution” “powered by sbi”
So if you had a website about online surveys for money, you’d want to enter your niche as “work from home” or “make money online”. It’s better to use broad niches as opposed to your long tail keyword so you’ll find more authority sites to post content on.
I’ve never had a post rejected from an SBI! site owner. As long as you read the guidelines and post something of quality you’ll find yourself with a few handfuls of superb backlinks after an hour or so of work.
As you can see, finding quality backlinks doesn’t have to be a tortuous chore. Adding these two weapons into your backlink arsenal will pay dividends in the SERPs.
Incoming search terms: